Featured Post

Click here for our SeeSaw blog

We use SeeSaw to communicate daily! Some of our post are available through the SeeSaw Blog  !

Friday, October 11, 2013

50 Chart

I love the 50 chart mystery pictures.  It isn't the 100 chart(those will come soon) but it gives them the opportunity to explore building and recognizing numbers at a smaller scale.  This week we are studying the letter N, so our mystery picture was a nest.   I show the numbers on the board using magnetic place value manipulatives.   I build the number and they tell me what number I built. Then we decompose the number (if the number is 34 they say 30 and 4 more), tell if it is even or odd, and how many more they would need to get to their next ten. There are so manny a-ha moments during these activities. 













No comments:

Post a Comment